Pasteurization of food products is one of the possible heat treatments used to kill off the entire population of disease-producing bacteria and greatly reduce the total number of micro organisms. Pasteurization can be done in batch pasteurizers for small quantities or by means of continuous flow pasteurizers for larger daily production. Packo supplies pasteurization equipment for milk, fruit juices and liquid egg.
The product is poured in and heated to the temperature required for pasteurisation. Then, the product is kept at the pasteurisation temperature during a certain time. Meanwhile a homogeneous mixture is obtained. The product is than cooled down to the desired temperature.
- The entire batch pasteurizer is made of stainless steel and has insulated double walls. An electric heating element and a plate heat exchanger are integrated in a closed water system. An agitator ensures efficient mixing. The temperature is thermostatically controlled.
- The standard capacities are 150, 300 and 500 liter.
- The system includes a.o. a control panel, agitator, baffle plate, water circulation pump, heating element of 9, 12 or 18 kW, water filling valve, pressure relief valve, expansion vat and heat exchanger for cooling.
- Very solid, full stainless steel construction
- The crevice free design with an smooth surface finish ensures excellent cleanability.
- The corrosion free, closed loop system makes fast heating and cooling possible. Automated temperature control is integrated.